The VCE Loudoun Master Gardener Volunteers are here to help you with your landscape questions. Is something eating your hostas? Does your tree look sick? When is the best time to fertilize your lawn? Are you interested in constructing a compost pile? Is a strange weed overrunning your vegetable bed? We’re here to advise and help!
Open for Walk-Ins 2022
The Help Desk is open for walk-ins and calls the first 4 Mondays of the month and the 4th Tuesday from 10 a.m. to noon. During those times, you can call 703-771-5150 or stop by VCE Loudoun Office, 750 Miller Drive, SE, Suite F-3, Leesburg, VA. 20175.
You can also submit a request for help with a plant/insect problem online or by email. Please fill out the Help Desk Request Form or send and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a minimum of 3 photos: plant part affected, good part of the plant, and where it is planted. See photo tips, available at Guidance for Submitting Good Digital Photos. Please allow at least 5 days for a response.
Brochures on plant care, upcoming VCE Loudoun Master Gardener Events and Soil Test Kits continue to be available at the Extension Office.
The VCE Loudoun Master Gardeners also conduct Garden Clinics at three locations from May through October.
- Leesburg Farmers Market – Virginia Village Shopping Center, Catoctin Circle SE. – Saturdays, 8AM to noon.
- Sterling, Lowe’s at Dulles Crossing Plaza – Saturdays, 9AM to 1PM.
- Purcellville, Southern States, 261 N 21st St – Saturdays, 9AM to 1PM.
Leesburg, Demonstration Garden, Ida Lee – Master Gardeners are at the garden every Tuesday and Thursday, 9-noon during the garden season (April through October) weather permitting. Stop by to ask a question or two!
Help Us Help You
Here are a few tips to help us provide you with the right information:
- If you need a plant identified, please bring in a sample large enough to determine the size and growth habit. Please bring in an entire stem or branch, not just a leaf.
- If you suspect insect or disease, please bring in a sample showing both the problem area and some healthy growth (if any). Again an entire branch or stem will help us determine what is going on. We would appreciate that your sample be in a bag so as not to potentially contaminate the office.
- Clear digital photos are great for email identification, but please keep the size reasonable to reduce download time.
We may have to do some research to come up with the right answer to your problem. If necessary we will contact you usually within 1-2 days.